Old January 19th 04, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default shell out of excel into another app

not sure how to describe my intention in excel programming terms, so
will resort to general logic and hope you will understand my meaning;

assume I am active in cell A1 then i need some info from another
(in-house) application,

i would like to click a menu button that does the following,

first checks to see if in-house app is already running, if yes, switch
focus to the in-house app window, if no, open in-house app and keep
focus in in-house app window.

adding the menu button is no problem, but the code that sits behind
that button....clueless!

would appreciate any help offered, thanks very much.

Running Shell Jeff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 28th 08 05:50 PM
Is it possible to Shell and remove Excel from memory? alainB Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 2nd 06 04:16 PM
Shell function II Don Guillett[_4_] Excel Programming 1 September 19th 03 03:31 PM
Shell function David Excel Programming 0 September 19th 03 11:30 AM
Shell Statement [email protected] Excel Programming 1 August 13th 03 08:19 PM