Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
toothfish__[_2_] toothfish__[_2_] is offline

Default shell out of excel into another app

not sure how to describe my intention in excel programming terms, so
will resort to general logic and hope you will understand my meaning;

assume I am active in cell A1 then i need some info from another
(in-house) application,

i would like to click a menu button that does the following,

first checks to see if in-house app is already running, if yes, switch
focus to the in-house app window, if no, open in-house app and keep
focus in in-house app window.

adding the menu button is no problem, but the code that sits behind
that button....clueless!

would appreciate any help offered, thanks very much.