Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Web Queries

I'm trying to pull stock information from Yahoo by using the "web
query" feature. Normally, I use the "new web query" method which
brings up the browser, I navigate over and select the table that I'm
interested in.

However, I want to make that more dynamic. I've created a *.iqy file
that pulls information for a stock symbol entered into a specific
cell.

My problem is that it pulls the entire page - I only want the table (I
can see the "check box" if I do it the other way) that has the prices.

I'm assuming that (if you look at the msft examples) it has something
to do with the lines following the URL. I can't find any information
on what those lines mean.

Am I on the right track? Does anyone know how to either modify the
browser method to accept different parameters or specify a table in
the *.iqy file?

Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I will vouch that my stock data getter program has some strange bugs
with it sometime too. I also use Yahoo for quotes. Sometimes it
crashes as above, and other times it doesn't send back the full data
for the quotes (only get partial time range). I would seem to believe
the problem is with yahoo. Hopefully we can find a solution to this
problem.

Keith
www.kjtfs.com

---