Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MWE MWE is offline

Default UserForm as Progress Indicator

I am trying to use a UserForm as a progress indicator.
The idea is to create a label within a frame within a
userform and then adjust (in real time) the label's width
as a percent complete indication. This works OK as long
as the code "starts" in the UserForm code area using, say,
UserForm_Activiate. But as soon as I move all the code
outside of the UserForm code area, problems occur.
not get the userform to relinquish "control" after that.
How do I tell the userform to "stay visible" and "let me
update you" now and again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do this in Excel 2000 and later. Show the form
modelessly. E.g.,

UserForm1.Show vbModeless

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"MWE" wrote in message
I am trying to use a UserForm as a progress indicator.
The idea is to create a label within a frame within a
userform and then adjust (in real time) the label's width
as a percent complete indication. This works OK as long
as the code "starts" in the UserForm code area using, say,
UserForm_Activiate. But as soon as I move all the code
outside of the UserForm code area, problems occur.
not get the userform to relinquish "control" after that.
How do I tell the userform to "stay visible" and "let me
update you" now and again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

thanks for the reply. I looked at your progress bar. It
is quite nice but a little more complicated than I need.

I am trying to use a UserForm as a progress indicator.
The idea is to create a label within a frame within a
userform and then adjust (in real time) the label's

width
as a percent complete indication. This works OK as

long
as the code "starts" in the UserForm code area using,

say,
UserForm_Activiate. But as soon as I move all the code
outside of the UserForm code area, problems occur.
not get the userform to relinquish "control" after that.
How do I tell the userform to "stay visible" and "let me
update you" now and again.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MWE MWE is offline

thanks for the reply. You certainly have some interesting
stuff on your site. I was able to solve my problem by
just modifying the show statement. When I have a few
minutes, I will certainly poke around your site.