Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Populating Combobox Methods

Is there an easier/shorter way to populate a combobox with
values in a particular range, other the method I am
using? Below is the method I use to populate combobox. I
used combobox23 as an example...

Dim rng As Range
With Worksheets(8)
Set rng = .Range("C1:C100")
End With
For Each Cell In rng
If Cell.Value < "" Then
ComboBox23.AddItem Cell.Value
End If
Next
ComboBox23.Value = "Please Select"

Isnt there a shorter code to achieve the same goal?

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

Put the values in a worksheet range, and set the ListFillRange property
(ControlSource if it's a Userform) of the combobox to point at that range.
You would still need to initialise ListIndex.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
Is there an easier/shorter way to populate a combobox with
values in a particular range, other the method I am
using? Below is the method I use to populate combobox. I
used combobox23 as an example...

Dim rng As Range
With Worksheets(8)
Set rng = .Range("C1:C100")
End With
For Each Cell In rng
If Cell.Value < "" Then
ComboBox23.AddItem Cell.Value
End If
Next
ComboBox23.Value = "Please Select"

Isnt there a shorter code to achieve the same goal?

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

For instance, on Sheet1
A1: Todd
A2: Bob
A3: Tom
etc.

For worksheet comboboxes, go into design mode (the blue-green triangle on
the control toolbox toolbar), select the combobox, click the properties icon
(the sheet with the hand), and in the properties you will find a
ListFillRange property. In here, add a range as the normal way, that is

Sheet1!A1:A10

exit design and it's ready for use.

--

wrote in message
Is there an easier/shorter way to populate a combobox

with
values in a particular range, other the method I am
using? Below is the method I use to populate

combobox. I
used combobox23 as an example...

Dim rng As Range
With Worksheets(8)
Set rng = .Range("C1:C100")
End With
For Each Cell In rng
If Cell.Value < "" Then
ComboBox23.AddItem Cell.Value
End If
Next
ComboBox23.Value = "Please Select"

Isnt there a shorter code to achieve the same goal?

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I put that in my rowsource property. It didnt work in
ControlSource and there was no ListFillRange property.
when I put it in Rowsource property I put it from Sheet1!
A1:A100 because it is possible to have values going down
that far. The number of values will vary, this is why I
set it to A100. But when I do that, it also shows the
empty cell values and I dont want that. If there are
blank spaces I dont want that empty value to show.

For worksheet comboboxes, go into design mode (the blue-

green triangle on
the control toolbox toolbar), select the combobox, click

the properties icon
(the sheet with the hand), and in the properties you will

find a
ListFillRange property. In here, add a range as the

normal way, that is

Sheet1!A1:A10

exit design and it's ready for use.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Todd Huttenstine"

wrote in message
how do I do that?

Put the values in a worksheet range, and set the

ListFillRange property
(ControlSource if it's a Userform) of the combobox to

point at that range.
You would still need to initialise ListIndex.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips
... looking out across Poole Harbour to the

Purbecks
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"Todd Huttenstine"

wrote in message
Is there an easier/shorter way to populate a combobox

with
values in a particular range, other the method I am
using? Below is the method I use to populate

combobox. I
used combobox23 as an example...

Dim rng As Range
With Worksheets(8)
Set rng = .Range("C1:C100")
End With
For Each Cell In rng
If Cell.Value < "" Then
ComboBox23.AddItem Cell.Value
End If
Next
ComboBox23.Value = "Please Select"

Isnt there a shorter code to achieve the same goal?

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine

.

.

[...]