Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox populating based on Option Button

On UserForm3 I have 1 combobox(ComboBox3) and then 3
Option buttons(Option button 1, 2, and 3). I need it to
where when the user clicks on OptionButton1 and then
clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything
in range A3:A52 on Sheet2. Also, If the user clicks
OptionButton2, and then clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3,
it will list everything in range B3:B52 on Sheet2. And
last, if the user clicks OptionButton3, and then clicks
the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything in
range C3:C52 on Sheet2.

What is the code I need to achieve this?

I need for the code to ignore any empty cells in any of
the ranges so that there are no blank places in the
dropdown box(ComboBox3).

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Todd Hutenstine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Todd,

We are seeing a lot of you in here <vbg.

I think this will do what you want

Option Explicit

Dim cLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "A") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, "A").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, "B").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, "C").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
OptionButton1.Value = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
On UserForm3 I have 1 combobox(ComboBox3) and then 3
Option buttons(Option button 1, 2, and 3). I need it to
where when the user clicks on OptionButton1 and then
clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything
in range A3:A52 on Sheet2. Also, If the user clicks
OptionButton2, and then clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3,
it will list everything in range B3:B52 on Sheet2. And
last, if the user clicks OptionButton3, and then clicks
the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything in
range C3:C52 on Sheet2.

What is the code I need to achieve this?

I need for the code to ignore any empty cells in any of
the ranges so that there are no blank places in the
dropdown box(ComboBox3).

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Todd Hutenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where do I put these codes? I just doubleclicked on the
form and put it there. I keep getting a debug error when
I click the button to load the form now.

wrote in message
On UserForm3 I have 1 combobox(ComboBox3) and then 3
Option buttons(Option button 1, 2, and 3). I need it to
where when the user clicks on OptionButton1 and then
clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list

everything
in range A3:A52 on Sheet2. Also, If the user clicks
OptionButton2, and then clicks the dropdown on

ComboBox3,
it will list everything in range B3:B52 on Sheet2. And
last, if the user clicks OptionButton3, and then clicks
the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything in
range C3:C52 on Sheet2.

What is the code I need to achieve this?

I need for the code to ignore any empty cells in any of
the ranges so that there are no blank places in the
dropdown box(ComboBox3).

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Todd Hutenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

It should be then form class module.

What do you mean by '.. I click the button to load the form now'.

--

wrote in message
On UserForm3 I have 1 combobox(ComboBox3) and then 3
Option buttons(Option button 1, 2, and 3). I need it to
where when the user clicks on OptionButton1 and then
clicks the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list

everything
in range A3:A52 on Sheet2. Also, If the user clicks
OptionButton2, and then clicks the dropdown on

ComboBox3,
it will list everything in range B3:B52 on Sheet2. And
last, if the user clicks OptionButton3, and then clicks
the dropdown on ComboBox3, it will list everything in
range C3:C52 on Sheet2.

What is the code I need to achieve this?

I need for the code to ignore any empty cells in any of
the ranges so that there are no blank places in the
dropdown box(ComboBox3).

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Todd Hutenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well when I click the commandbutton to load Userform3.
Userform3 is the form that contains the combobox and
OptionButtons.

I double clicked userform3 and paste the code in there you
gave me. The first problem is the Option Explicit. I put
the option explicit code at the very top. Then I try to
run the code. When I run the code I get a debug screen.
When I click the debug button the line
" cLastRow = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells
(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row"

is highlighted in yellow. I dont know what to do from
here.

wrote in message
[...]

... looking out across Poole Harbour to the

Purbecks
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"Todd Huttenstine"

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually I had to make these minor changes to get the code
to work. For some reason I had change the Worksheets
("Sheet2") to the Worksheets(2) format instead. I dont
know why I had to, but it worked when I changed it.

Thank you for your help.

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets(2).Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End
(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "A") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets(2).Cells(i, "A").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton2_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets(2).Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End
(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "B") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets(2).Cells(i, "B").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Private Sub OptionButton3_Click()
cLastRow = Worksheets(2).Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End
(xlUp).Row
With ComboBox1
.Clear
For i = 3 To cLastRow
If Cells(i, "C") < "" Then
.AddItem Worksheets(2).Cells(i, "C").Value
End If
Next i
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is a typo in the code for optionbutton2 and 3

Cells(i,"") < "" should be with a B and C respectively in the empty
double quotes.

[...]

Tom Ogilvy