Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking a table in Access to a table in Excel using MS Query

In MS Query I would like to connect a Table from Access with Vendor Names to a small table in Excel specifing one Vendor Name and thus filtering the results

When I try to add a new table in MS Query I only have an option to add tables from the access database...Is it possible to connect those two tables

Thank you for your help
Dian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK, you can't connect an Access table and an Excel table in MS Query.

In Access, you could link to the Excel table, then connect the tables in
an Access query. From MS Query, use the Access query as a data source.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List