Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Crafting an Inventory Spreadsheet

Hello all,

I am creating an inventory spreadsheet using excel 2000. Column headings are
names of components that make up a device. For instance, for a PC, column
headings would Processor, Memory, Hard Drive, etc. For each device, i.e PC,
there might be multiple items of information I need to document. For
instance, manufacturer, amount, speed, etc. What I would like to accomplish
is the following:

When a user clicks on the cell to enter Processor information, a macro is
activated that jumps to another cell in the spread sheet where there may be
multiple questions related to the component the user needs to answer. When
data is inputted for last question related to that component, the cursor
returns to the original cell clicked and a text message is displayed in the
cell such as "Data Entered".

This is new to me, so if there is an easier and cleaner way to accomplish
the same objective, please educate me.

Thank you for any help.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John;

I don't want to upset you but this would be quit an effort.
I'm even not sure whether you should try and have Excel do this for you.
I don't say that its not possible.

It's better to create some Userforms to have someone filling in the extra
info.
You can have a peek at an invoice review I created.
It works with Userforms so you have an idea of what is possible.

Surf to : www.rosenkrantz.nl

Click Excellent Files | Downloads | Products | Invoice Review.

You can download the excel program and find out if this is something you
might like.

Mark.

More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or

"John P. D'Arminio" wrote in message
. net...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,

Thank you for your reply and your assessment. I am not familiar with
userforms but I will take your advice and do some research. I will also
download the file you suggested. thank you again.

John

"Mark Rosenkrantz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,
Helping with this over a message board would be very very hard.
Without trying to sound like a shameless plug for myself there are
bunch of posters on this board that also have consulting services,
suggest looking around at the posters and seeing which ones have a lo
of answers and maybe contacting them.

Keith
www.kjtfs.com

P.S. If anyone thinks this shouldn't be placed on the board I wil
edit the message out, I know this is an informational board and not
business board

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keith,

Thank you for the advice. Will give it some consideration.

John

"KJTFS " wrote in message
John,
Helping with this over a message board would be very very hard.
Without trying to sound like a shameless plug for myself there are a
bunch of posters on this board that also have consulting services, I
suggest looking around at the posters and seeing which ones have a lot
of answers and maybe contacting them.

Keith
www.kjtfs.com

P.S. If anyone thinks this shouldn't be placed on the board I will
edit the message out, I know this is an informational board and not a
business board.

---