Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie

I have absolutely no experience with programming anything in Microsof
access but I have some basic programming knowlege.

I am only trying to do an if statement to compare the data of 2 cell
in a signle row and, depending on the result, enter "yes" or "no" int
a third cell.

Any help, not just on programming but how to use the VBA editor, woul
be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Why to use VBA for this - a simple formula on worksheet will do.
But anyway, what you want is something like (or you have to explain more
clearly what yo want to do):
ActiveSheet.Range("C1").Formula = IIf(ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value =
"a" And ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Value = 1, "Yes", "No")

(Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap)

Arvi Laanemets

"harmonicace " wrote in message
I have absolutely no experience with programming anything in Microsoft
access but I have some basic programming knowlege.

I am only trying to do an if statement to compare the data of 2 cells
in a signle row and, depending on the result, enter "yes" or "no" into
a third cell.

Any help, not just on programming but how to use the VBA editor, would
be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Matt

---

newbie lena Excel Worksheet Functions 5 February 6th 09 03:36 PM
NEWBIE Tom Snyder Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 8th 07 06:47 PM
Real Newbie newbie question Dave New Users to Excel 0 January 10th 07 07:55 PM
Newbie Help. Is this possible? taltos1 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 November 12th 05 04:40 PM
Newbie Help ARB Excel Programming 0 October 21st 03 08:20 PM