Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default slow save time

Hello.

I have two Excel workbooks, both around 1 MB in size. One contain
only data (no formulas, forms, macros, etc.), and the other contain
very little data but many forms and macros. The latter takes very lon
to save (around 15 sec) but the former saves in the blink of an eye.

This tells me that my slow save time is not attributed to large dat
(or other things like disk defragging, too many temp files, etc.)
instead it's due to the many macros/modules and VBA code that I have.

My question: Is there any way to write a VBA module that saves jus
the data and not all of the modules/forms? I searched the FAQ for hel
and couldn't find anything. I'm new to this board so please be kind!

Thanks