Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.officedev

Default Excel don't load macros from add-in

Hello,

I have created an Excel add-in (.xla) and placed it in a folder (AddIn
folder in personal settings) and want to open an Excel-document from .NET as
an automation server. When the document is opened the add-in is installed
but the macros is not visible in the VB Editor so I can't make use of the
add-in from the document.

I have also tried to open Excel from a Word VBA-macro (same code as in .NET)
and it is the same problem.

When I tried to open Word from an Excel VBA-macro it works! So it must be a
problem in Excel...

Do someone knows if there is some settings that must be done?

Regards
Gunilla

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.officedev

Generally addins are not installed by Excel when Excel is opened as an
automation server. If you are assuming that it is, then you need to
establish that it is in fact being installed. I suspect the that normal
behavior is being followed and it is not being installed.

This behavior is different from Word I believe.

Tom Ogilvy