Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default import mail messages in excel

Hi there,

I want to import mailmessages from Outlook (or *.txt files from a directory)
into excel and make from every message a database record. Is this possible?
Every message has the same size and lines, when I try tot do this every line
goes on a new row therefore I should transpose it or somehow (but don't know
how :-(.

Thanx for every hint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arnie

You can access those messages using the code found here

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olRetrieving.htm

Then you just need to parse the Body property into its components.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Arnie" wrote in message
.nl...
Hi there,

I want to import mailmessages from Outlook (or *.txt files from a

directory)
into excel and make from every message a database record. Is this

possible?
Every message has the same size and lines, when I try tot do this every

line
goes on a new row therefore I should transpose it or somehow (but don't

know
how :-(.

Thanx for every hint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Supadoopa!

Thanks.

"Dick Kusleika" schreef in bericht

"Arnie" wrote in message
.nl...
Hi there,

I want to import mailmessages from Outlook (or *.txt files from a

directory)
into excel and make from every message a database record. Is this

possible?
Every message has the same size and lines, when I try tot do this every

line
goes on a new row therefore I should transpose it or somehow (but don't

know
how :-(.

Thanx for every hint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Additional question:

How can I set the focus back on Excel?

"Arnie" schreef in bericht
.nl...

"Arnie" wrote in message
.nl...
Hi there,

I want to import mailmessages from Outlook (or *.txt files from a

directory)
into excel and make from every message a database record. Is this

possible?
Every message has the same size and lines, when I try tot do this

every
line
goes on a new row therefore I should transpose it or somehow (but

don't
know
how :-(.

Thanx for every hint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arnie

I don't know what you're doing, but in general the focus should never leave
Excel. You might post the code you are using. You also might look in help
at AppActivate and see if that does what you want.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel
www.dicks-clicks.com