Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default API Timer Problem

I am using the API timer functions in an Excel XP
project. I use the timer to refresh information every 1
second on a userform. When the user form initializes I
start the timer, and on terminate I stop the timer.

The problem is that when I return to Excel I am not able
to use the mouse to click on cells or toolbar buttons. I
found that hitting ctrl-O to open the File Open dialog
will "wake" Excel up (I can select cells and click
toolbar buttons again once I close this dialog).

Does anybody know what is going on? I only get this
problem when I use the API timer functions in conjunction
with a UserForm.

Thanks,

Seth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seth,

Perhaps this KB article will assist?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];172338

"Seth" wrote in message
I am using the API timer functions in an Excel XP
project. I use the timer to refresh information every 1
second on a userform. When the user form initializes I
start the timer, and on terminate I stop the timer.

The problem is that when I return to Excel I am not able
to use the mouse to click on cells or toolbar buttons. I
found that hitting ctrl-O to open the File Open dialog
will "wake" Excel up (I can select cells and click
toolbar buttons again once I close this dialog).

Does anybody know what is going on? I only get this
problem when I use the API timer functions in conjunction
with a UserForm.

Thanks,

Seth

TIMER Jase Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 8th 08 10:22 PM
Timer Brandon H Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 9th 07 01:54 PM
Stopping a Timer / Running a timer simultaneously on Excel Paul23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 10th 06 12:08 PM
Timer Don Lloyd Excel Programming 0 October 18th 03 03:40 AM
Timer Don Lloyd Excel Programming 2 October 17th 03 12:33 PM