Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

I would like to write code that would send a specific workbook to a specific person. However, there are 20 workbooks that go to 20 different people. How can I replace "activeworkbook" in the SendMail syntax with the specific name of a file (that isn't the open active workbook).

I sure appreciate any guidance you can give me.

-Beverly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't use SendMail Beverly for this
If you use Outlook then look at this example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#file

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
I would like to write code that would send a specific workbook to a specific person. However, there are 20 workbooks that go

to 20 different people. How can I replace "activeworkbook" in the SendMail syntax with the specific name of a file (that isn't
the open active workbook).

I sure appreciate any guidance you can give me.

-Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron-

Unfortunately, I am using Lotus Notes. Any help with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any help with this?
Not using it<g

Sorry I never use it and a lot of people tell me(don't do it)
I hope someone else can help you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Ron-

Unfortunately, I am using Lotus Notes. Any help with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron

Is there another way to do this without using SendMail? As I previously said, I am using Lotus Notes

Thanks for your help with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use CDO if you use Win 2000 or Win XP
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

If you need help post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Ron-

Is there another way to do this without using SendMail? As I previously said, I am using Lotus Notes.

Thanks for your help with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron! I'll give it a try
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron-

I seem to hit a snag when I get to the .Send command. The error message I get is "The SendUsing configuration value is invalid." I am using Windows 2000. Any thoughts?

-Beverly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the Problem section on the webpage
You must fill in the SMTP server

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron-

I seem to hit a snag when I get to the .Send command. The error message I get is "The SendUsing configuration value is

invalid." I am using Windows 2000. Any thoughts?

-Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron
Sorry to be such a pest. It looks like my lotus mail server supports tcpip, nds and netbios. I see nothing about smtp. However, we can access our mail from a webserver. I inserted my .nsf path as follows, but get a message that "the transport failed to connect to server.

here is the code where I inserted my text
Set Flds = iConf.FIELD
With Fld

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") =
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.ilsirusntsm1/mail/BeverlyMcDowell.nsf
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 2
.Updat
End Wit

With iMs
Set .Configuration = iCon
.To = "Beverly
.From = """Beverly""
.Subject = "This is a test
.TextBody = "Hi there
' .AddAttachment "C:\bev\" & WBnam
.AddAttachment "C:\bev\bystry.xls
' You can add any file you want with this line .AddAttachment "C:/Test.txt
.SEN

Thanks again for your effort
-Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Beverly

I can't help you with this
Maybe the IT guys at your work can help you..

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron-
Sorry to be such a pest. It looks like my lotus mail server supports tcpip, nds and netbios. I see nothing about smtp.

However, we can access our mail from a webserver. I inserted my .nsf path as follows, but get a message that "the transport
failed to connect to server."

here is the code where I inserted my text:
Set Flds = iConf.FIELDS
With Flds

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.ilsirusntsm1/mail/BeverlyMcDowell.nsf"
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
.Update
End With

With iMsg
Set .Configuration = iConf
.To = "Beverly "
.From = """Beverly"" "
.Subject = "This is a test"
.TextBody = "Hi there"
' .AddAttachment "C:\bev\" & WBname
.AddAttachment "C:\bev\bystry.xls"
' You can add any file you want with this line .AddAttachment "C:/Test.txt"
.SEND

Thanks again for your efforts
-Beverly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron

Thanks for all your help--you got my brain working..

I found the code from Andy Wiggins (earlier post) on using Exel and LotusNotes to work except for attaching the file. So I am going to pursue that route for now.