-   -   Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287888-mailing-excel-workbooks-not-active-workbook.html)

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

I would like to write code that would send a specific workbook to a specific person. However, there are 20 workbooks that go to 20 different people. How can I replace "activeworkbook" in the SendMail syntax with the specific name of a file (that isn't the open active workbook).

I sure appreciate any guidance you can give me.

-Beverly

Ron de Bruin

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

You can't use SendMail Beverly for this
If you use Outlook then look at this example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#file

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
I would like to write code that would send a specific workbook to a specific person. However, there are 20 workbooks that go

to 20 different people. How can I replace "activeworkbook" in the SendMail syntax with the specific name of a file (that isn't
the open active workbook).

I sure appreciate any guidance you can give me.

-Beverly

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Ron-

Unfortunately, I am using Lotus Notes. Any help with this?

Ron de Bruin

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Any help with this?
Not using it<g

Sorry I never use it and a lot of people tell me(don't do it)
I hope someone else can help you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Ron-

Unfortunately, I am using Lotus Notes. Any help with this?

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Ron

Is there another way to do this without using SendMail? As I previously said, I am using Lotus Notes

Thanks for your help with this.

Ron de Bruin

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

You can use CDO if you use Win 2000 or Win XP
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

If you need help post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Ron-

Is there another way to do this without using SendMail? As I previously said, I am using Lotus Notes.

Thanks for your help with this.

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Thanks Ron! I'll give it a try

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Hi Ron-

I seem to hit a snag when I get to the .Send command. The error message I get is "The SendUsing configuration value is invalid." I am using Windows 2000. Any thoughts?

-Beverly

Ron de Bruin

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

See the Problem section on the webpage
You must fill in the SMTP server

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron-

I seem to hit a snag when I get to the .Send command. The error message I get is "The SendUsing configuration value is

invalid." I am using Windows 2000. Any thoughts?

-Beverly

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Hi Ron
Sorry to be such a pest. It looks like my lotus mail server supports tcpip, nds and netbios. I see nothing about smtp. However, we can access our mail from a webserver. I inserted my .nsf path as follows, but get a message that "the transport failed to connect to server.

here is the code where I inserted my text
Set Flds = iConf.FIELD
With Fld

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") =
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.ilsirusntsm1/mail/BeverlyMcDowell.nsf
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 2
.Updat
End Wit

With iMs
Set .Configuration = iCon
.To = "Beverly
.From = """Beverly""
.Subject = "This is a test
.TextBody = "Hi there
' .AddAttachment "C:\bev\" & WBnam
.AddAttachment "C:\bev\bystry.xls
' You can add any file you want with this line .AddAttachment "C:/Test.txt
.SEN

Thanks again for your effort
-Beverly

Ron de Bruin

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Hi Beverly

I can't help you with this
Maybe the IT guys at your work can help you..

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Beverly" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron-
Sorry to be such a pest. It looks like my lotus mail server supports tcpip, nds and netbios. I see nothing about smtp.

However, we can access our mail from a webserver. I inserted my .nsf path as follows, but get a message that "the transport
failed to connect to server."

here is the code where I inserted my text:
Set Flds = iConf.FIELDS
With Flds

.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "smtp.ilsirusntsm1/mail/BeverlyMcDowell.nsf"
.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
.Update
End With

With iMsg
Set .Configuration = iConf
.To = "Beverly "
.From = """Beverly"" "
.Subject = "This is a test"
.TextBody = "Hi there"
' .AddAttachment "C:\bev\" & WBname
.AddAttachment "C:\bev\bystry.xls"
' You can add any file you want with this line .AddAttachment "C:/Test.txt"
.SEND

Thanks again for your efforts
-Beverly

Beverly[_3_]

Mailing Excel workbooks that are not active workbook

Ron

Thanks for all your help--you got my brain working..

I found the code from Andy Wiggins (earlier post) on using Exel and LotusNotes to work except for attaching the file. So I am going to pursue that route for now.