Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passing array of strings from DLL function to VBA

I wish to have a C++ function, compiled and placed in a DLL, pass back an
array of strings when the
function is called frm a VBA function or sub. I know how to pass arrays of
integers or doubles,
and I know how to pass strings, but can I pass an array of string pointers
or something?

One thing that comes to mind is to pack all the strings into a single byte
array, with each string fronted
by a count of number of bytes that follow, e.g. 4abcd2in etc., then pass an
address of the byte array.
But there must be an easier way.

TIA

Ed