Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default passing strings

I need some help with argument passing....

I have a macro (let's call it TEST()) that I will run from a Master
file. The results will go in seperate files.

The macro TEST() would be the same for each file with the exception
that the file name would change
ex : Windows("Rider.xls").Activate

the rest of the macro (TEST()) does not varie from file to file.
So from my master file I would have calls to this macro (TEST()) and
pass the name of the file I want to generate (eg. Rider1, Rider2,
Rider3, ect.)

I could then simply call Windows("STRING").Activate from the macro .
STRING being the string I would pass from the master file

What is the easiest (or pretiest) way to do this?

thanks

Pabs

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pabs,

Declare the Test macro with an argument like

Sub Test(WinName As String)
Windows(WinName).Activate
' rest of your code here
End Sub

Then, call the code with something like

Test WinName:="Book1.xls"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"pabs" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Main
for each bk in Application.Workbooks
Test bk.Name
Next
End Sub

Sub Test(sStr as String)

' note that sStr does not have double quotes around it.
Windows(sStr).Activate

Tom Ogilvy