Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unique adding of cell from .csv to .xsl????anyone?

Hi All,

I append a .xsl file from .csv file daily. In one csv file data comes
in following format:

Date Time Value1
01/12/04 9:30 234324
01/12/04 10:30 312312
01/12/04 11:30 561345
01/12/04 12:30 671466
01/12/04 13:30 684564
01/12/04 14:30 234564

I want to update this data to an .xsl file in following format:

Date 9:30 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30
01/12/04 234324 312312 561345 671466 684564 234564

I was trying this so hard, tried it with vlookup and other funtions but
couldnt do it. can anyone point me towards right direction for doing
this.

Many thnks in advance.

Sun

sun1234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seems like a pivot table is your answer here. A pivot table can use data and
use it as a field names, that is the Time values can become column headers
(fields)
TTFN
JMMach, MCSC
"sun1234" wrote in message

Hi All,

I append a .xsl file from .csv file daily. In one csv file data comes
in following format:

Date Time Value1
01/12/04 9:30 234324
01/12/04 10:30 312312
01/12/04 11:30 561345
01/12/04 12:30 671466
01/12/04 13:30 684564
01/12/04 14:30 234564

I want to update this data to an .xsl file in following format:

Date 9:30 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:30 14:30