Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multipe sheet search

Hi..

I have 12 sheets for each month and the dates appear at the tops of columns under which the user can input data. From a 13th sheet I want a macro button launch an input box that will search through the 12 month sheets and select the cell with the required date. I want to avoid using the generic FIND box as it provides too many options to the simpolistic user

Any code would be muchaappreciated

Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jack,

Name the month sheets Jan, Feb, ..., Dec

Simply put 1,2,3, ... into the column headings on each sheet

The input box would be something like

myDate=cDate(inputbox("Input Date")

the worksheet can be extracted with

Worksheets(Month(myDate))

the column would just be Day(myDate)

so to get the value below the date for 1st Jan, namely A2, it would just be

Worksheets(Month(myDate)).Cells(2, Day(myDate))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips