Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default lookup from multipe cells

I need to extract some specific data from a large database. I would like to
have a separate worksheet that I can use for this, rather than using filters.
I want to be able to specify the year wanted (located in Column A in the
database) and the month wanted (located in column B in the database) and get
the corresponding data in column G and H from the database. Oh, and the
database is dynamic, it will be updated every month. In otherwords, I want
to find all records for a specific month and year and then display just the
data from columns G and H of those records.

My intent is for someone who is not proficient in Excel to be able to type
in the last report date (Month and Year) and find out Yes or No (Column G)
for all ID's (Column H).

I want ohave one box at the top for the user to type in the Month and Year
and the resulting data to automatically show down below. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many rows of data are in the database?

And, when you enter your search criteria, approximately how many results
will be returned?

What you want to do is not that difficult but the amount of data searched
and returned can impact the performance.

Biff