Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Installation error Access add-ins

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2000 within MS Office 2000 Small Business
(OS Windows 2000). I have an extremely simple Excel
worksheet for which I'd like to run an Access report. I'm
getting error messages when I try to install AccessLinks
add-ins so I can convert the Excel worksheet. Per the
Excel Help instructions I used Add/Remove from the control
panel along with my MS Office 2000 Small Business CD to
install the add-ins. I then went to the Tools menu in
Excel and checked off which add-ins I want. I was prompted
to again insert the CD which I did, then I got the
following error messages:

"An error occurred and this feature is no longer
functioning properly. Would you like to repair this
feature now?"

I chose Yes, then got the following: "Internal Error 2709
{EEE40698-20C7-11D2-A185-000A0C90AB50F}."

When I OK'd out of that, the following message
appeared: "MS Excel cannot install the necessary files due
to Windows installer error 1603. Fatal error during
installation."

Is there any way to resolve this problem? Thanks!

Robin