Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a Basic tutorial for Excel VBA

Have you a good link? The site http://www.vbatutor.com/vbatutor.htm is
not working yet, why?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ampm!

Try the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...01/default.asp

But a good list of websites is also useful:

Chip Pearson:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm

Dave McRitchie
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlindex.htm

John Walkenbach
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm

Ron de Bruin
www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm
Ron has an Add-In that you can download free of charge. It installs a
Google search tool under your Help menu in Excel. If you don't Google
search Excel problems now, you will soon do so when you get the hang
of it. Wouldn't be without this one for a quick source of solving
problems when inside Excel.

Plus there's ton's of great material in these sites; all highly
recommended and all covering different areas.

http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
http://contextures.com/tiptech.html
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.htm
http://www.mvps.org/vb/
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsj.htm
http://www.vbapro.com/
http://www.rb-ad.dircon.co.uk/rob/ex...tips/index.htm
http://www.pcmag.com/category2/0,4148,29,00.asp
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/
http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/...rts/index.html

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/index

That should keep you busy for a bit!
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"ampm" wrote in message
m...
Have you a good link? The site
http://www.vbatutor.com/vbatutor.htm
is
not working yet, why?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think my excel.htm links would be better than xlindex.htm
David McRitchie
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...tm#vbtutorials

The page ampm referred to http://www.vbatutor.com/vbatutor.htm
has certainly been operational (5 part tutorial), it is referenced on
a number of sites. If I were to guess at the reason it is not
operational, it might be that they exceeded their bandwidth allowed
by their ISP. But I know of some other sites that are down today.
Several attempts to access tripod.com sites related to references
to that webpage came up with

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod page you are trying to reach has exceeded its bandwith limit.
It will be available again in a few hours.
Thank you!

That's the type of thing that used to happen with my geocities site,
only geocities didn't tell you anything at that time, making it look like
they took it off due to content.

I don't know if they would be related to tripod.com but things
that are messed up on weekends
tend to remain messed up for longer periods of time. Also maintenance
like changing the electrical wiring at a site is done on weekends. You
usually learn the cause after the fact rather than before it happens. I
remember when the University of Cork site was down for long period of
time -- they were rewiring the campus during a break, wiped out their
acronym server so I had to find other links/sites for my search.htm page.

The statement "is not working yet" looks like it meant "never became
operational" which is why I made a longer reply -- just to say that it
has been up and running before.

---
HTH,

..