Jasper Recto

Default Excel Tutorial CD's

I'm looking for some recommendations on Excel tutorial CD's. It needs to
range for beginners to advance users. I want to setup a training lab at
work where users can go at their own pace. I also would like to see if
there is one that encompasses all of microsoft office applications.

Thanks,
Jasper

Bob Phillips

Jasper,

I suggest you a search on Google for something like Excel Training CD, maybe
adding things like self-paced, advanced, intermediate, etc. But expect to
pay for it, the effort is not insubstantial, so don't expect a freebie.

--

HTH

RP

"Jasper Recto" wrote in message
I'm looking for some recommendations on Excel tutorial CD's. It needs to
range for beginners to advance users. I want to setup a training lab at
work where users can go at their own pace. I also would like to see if
there is one that encompasses all of microsoft office applications.

Thanks,
Jasper

JulieD

Hi Jasper

sorry can't recommend any CDs but i wanted to give my opinion on this method
of training as i've known a few of companies which have implemented these
labs and things haven't gone exactly as planned ....

- the common thread in these companies is that the labs were well utilised
early on (first month or two) and then even though employees were given time
from their regular work to do this training most of them just didn't do it -
when surveys where undertaken as to "why" the responses were along the lines
of "i didn't understand something and couldn't figure out so i gave up"; "i
got bored', 'it doesn't make sense", "can't figure out how to apply it to my
work" - now it might have been the quality of the CDs - i must admit i've
forgotten which ones the companies used, or it might be that some (many?)
people just can't learn on their own, find solutions and figure out how to
apply what they go through on the CDs to their actual work without input
from someone who can be there to address theses sorts of issues. Maybe, if
there was a "facilitator" around the response would have been different and
then one would wonder at the cost effectiveness of a full-time "facilitator"
and the CDs.

just my 2c worth

Cheers
JulieD