Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic word wrapping on the formula ... don't know its name

Hi,
Is it possible to disable the automatic word wrapping on the excel
textbox which displays the contents of the active cell. Sometimes I have
a lot of text in there and it covers the user area.

Beto
Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Beto

Have not heard of any setting that would prevent this.

Work-around could be to enter a WindowsSplit at say A5. Select your cell
with the long formula in the lower part of the split window. The text in the
formula bar would cover just the top part of the split window.

I know it's clunky but what else?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:42:27 -0400, Beto
wrote:

Hi,
Is it possible to disable the automatic word wrapping on the excel
textbox which displays the contents of the active cell. Sometimes I have
a lot of text in there and it covers the user area.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Beto,

Here is another work around. You can put your formulas into a
different (out of the way) place and put the cell reference to it into
the cell that ir used to sit. Remember, first turn your formula into
text, move it and then return it to a formula so you wont lose any
cell referrences (put a ' in front of the formula).

If viewable area is important this might give you back some of that.

HTH

Minitman

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:07:27 -0400, Beto
wrote:

Gord wrote:
Beto

Have not heard of any setting that would prevent this.

Work-around could be to enter a WindowsSplit at say A5. Select your cell
with the long formula in the lower part of the split window. The text in the
formula bar would cover just the top part of the split window.

I know it's clunky but what else?

I get your idea... it's a pity there is no setting for this, because
with this solution I can see everything, but lose some space on screen.