Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple workbook recap

Anyone have any thoughts on how I go about this?

I need to build a recap workbook with data from several
other workbooks. The user would need to have a window to
choose the multiple workbooks from different directories
to recap (does excel have a file window other than
getopenfilename and saveasfilename?).

The workbooks would not have a constant number of rows.
In other words I would need to get the number of rows and
columns from each workbook prior to building the recap
workbook. Can I do this without opening each of the data
workbooks (each workbook is over 5 meg without data)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.FileDialog was added in xl2002.

John Walkenbach has a Browse for Folder at:

Or you could use:
Application.GetSaveAsFilename
and ignore the filename.

And I would open each workbook.

Maybe you could do something with ADO, but I've never used it.

Ole P. Erlandsen has lots of info at:
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/vba/adodao/

It might help.

--