Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Events in Excel for executing functions

Hello
Is there any special event that excel fires when a specific
calculation is completed in a CELL. For example

in Cell A5 I have =FuncLookAtAllDBRequest("SomeStringID") When this
function completes I need to know whether I can call some macro to
send me an email using VBA. Are there any events that tell
BeforeFunctionCalled(".....") or AfterFunctionCalled(".....") etc....
Is this already there is Excel or are there any VBA code sample that
will do it.

I have several functions been called within a sheet they do scientific
calculation and I need to notify the needful people when they complete
the calculations etc....

I would really appreciate if someone tells me how to do it and that I
can do it in C# or C++ if not VBA is cool too.

Thanks
Robin

CC:Events in Excel for executing functions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The calculate event fires when a calculation occurs, but it isn't associated
with what cell triggered the event.

You might be able to put something in your UDF that flags whether to send
the mail or not. The calculate event could then check that "flag"

Tom Ogilvy
om...