Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Running out of memory

I'm running a macro which copies and pastes pictures.
It'll only run about 30 times until Windows runs out of
memory. I then have to quit Excel and start again. Is
there anyway to clear the memory each time so it can run
without quiting?

Thank you

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply.

The zoom is set to 100, but I can't understand why this
would affect the memory.

Ian
Try setting the zoom to 100 (under the view menu).

Tom Ogilvy

"Ian Belcher" wrote

in message
I'm running a macro which copies and pastes pictures.
It'll only run about 30 times until Windows runs out of
memory. I then have to quit Excel and start again. Is
there anyway to clear the memory each time so it can run
without quiting?

Thank you

Ian

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm having this same exact issue ... and I have 2GB of RAM
in my machine! I think the answer is clearing/emptying
the "clipboard." I'll look for an answer and/or will
check back here to see if anyone else answers.
Dan

The zoom is set to 100, but I can't understand why this
would affect the memory.

Ian
Try setting the zoom to 100 (under the view menu).

Tom Ogilvy

"Ian Belcher"

wrote
in message
I'm running a macro which copies and pastes pictures.
It'll only run about 30 times until Windows runs out of
memory. I then have to quit Excel and start again. Is
there anyway to clear the memory each time so it can

run
without quiting?

Thank you

Ian

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Emptying your variables after you used them often works in these cases
Some of them (like workbook or worksheet) can take up a lot of memory