Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete empty rows in a worksheet

I've imported some data from a text file that
unfortunately was double-spaced. This has created empty
rows in my spreadsheet, which are far too numerous to
delete manually. I'm hoping someone can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Scott,

If you don't mind sorting your data, then it's pretty easy:

1) Select all cells
2) Select Data | Sort...

That will cause all non-empty cells to "float" to the top.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Scott wrote:
I've imported some data from a text file that
unfortunately was double-spaced. This has created empty
rows in my spreadsheet, which are far too numerous to
delete manually. I'm hoping someone can help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scary how simple some solutions can be. Thanks so much.

Scott

If you don't mind sorting your data, then it's pretty

easy:

1) Select all cells
2) Select Data | Sort...

That will cause all non-empty cells to "float" to the top.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

[please keep replies in the newsgroup - email address

unmonitored]

Scott wrote:
I've imported some data from a text file that
unfortunately was double-spaced. This has created empty
rows in my spreadsheet, which are far too numerous to
delete manually. I'm hoping someone can help me.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No problem, Scott - happy to help!

Jake Marx