Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i find and delete all empty rows in an excel worksheet

how do i find and delete all empty rows in an excel worksheet that was
created by exporting a double spaced crystal report ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If for sure you have a blank row between each data row.

Select a column.

F5SpecialBlanksOK

EditDeleteEntire Row

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:25:02 -0700, AinSF
wrote:

how do i find and delete all empty rows in an excel worksheet that was
created by exporting a double spaced crystal report ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes thanks but this seems limited to the selected column. The worksheet has
rows that may have blank cells in some columns but not all. What I need to
delete are all empty rows only.

wrote:

how do i find and delete all empty rows in an excel worksheet that was
created by exporting a double spaced crystal report ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sub DeleteEmptyRows()
''only if entire row is blank
lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + _
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(r)) = 0 Then Rows(r).Delete
Next r
End Sub

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord