Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calendar Control

Ahhhhrrrr someone please help me :0)

I have created an excel template that I inserted an
calendar object 9.0

I am using office 2000 Premium

Then I created some code that displays the calendar when a
specific cell is active and when you double click on the
day in the calendar it enters the date in the active cell.
Then the calendar hides when the cell is deselected.

I placed this template on a shared drive for other
employee's to use.

The problem is that other employee's are receiving error
messages

First one is "compile error hidden module?: sheet #"

Then if I unprotect the module the next error is "compile
error can't find project or library"

I have found that any machine that has Office Premium"
installed works fine. There is no error (not even the
first error message which I find strange because why would
an install of office that is not premium limit you from
running some vb code on a hidden module).

I have found that any machine that does not have "Premium
Installed" has the errors.

I think it is related to the library not being installed
in the non-premium machines.

Questions:

1. Is there another calendar control or date picker
that I might be able to use that is available to all
Office installs?
2. Is there a way I can add the calendar control
object to the template so that anyone that has opened the
template will have access to it?
3. Is there an easy way to add the control to PC's
that don't have the control and how would I do that?

there are over 100 pc's that don't have premium so I
prefer a solution that does not require touching each
machine if possible.

Thanks for any help or other ideas. I really appreciate it!

Kelly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kelly

The calendar control is a part of Access
See the link on the bottem of my page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

You can download the control there and see how to register it

3. Is there an easy way to add the control to PC's
that don't have the control and how would I do that?

It is possible to do that with a installer program.
Maybe someone can tell you the name of the best, I never used one.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Kelly" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

get a copy of
MSCAL.OCX
and put it in directory
c:\winnt\system32

or the equivalent for your operating system.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Thank you very much Ron. A couple of questions. First here
is what I did, please have a look and make any suggestions
you feel might help.

I downloaded the Calendar control and tried to place it in
the C:\Windows\System32 folder of a colleague that has an
standard Office install with no Access install.

I could not find that folder and placed it in the same
folder as I found it on my system....
C:\programfiles\Microsoft Office\Office.

Then I tried to run "regsvr32 mscal.ocx but received an
error that it could not find that file. I tried again with
out the "32" because I assumed it was looking for a file
related to that number the first time?? No luck it still
never worked?

Then after reading a little more literature I went into
Excel (Control toolbox / more controls / register
control ) and I browsed to the calendar file. And
clicked "open".

This must have registered it because the calendar control
now works on his PC.

Any comments that will help me understand a little better
are appreciated.

Will other Office apps like "word" be able to use this
control now?

My next task is to figure out how to easily add this
active x to 100 pc's and register them all.??

As always any comments are appreciated.

Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kelly

I always have installed Access so with problems to register the control
I have no experience.

My next task is to figure out how to easily add this
active x to 100 pc's and register them all.??

I hope that anyone else can help you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)