Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deploying a .NET add-in in Excel 2002

I have written a shared add-in in C# for use in Excel. When I compile
on my development machine the COM object is registered for me and all
the .NET interop stuff is taken care of and everything works great.
However, when I build the setup project and install it on another
machinie my add-in never loads. I tried registering the dll with
regasm and regasm \codebase. I also tried including stdole.dll and
Office.dll in teh installer and nothing works. The deployment machine
also runs Excel 2002. Can anyone shed some lite on how to deploy the
add-in?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Matthew,

I have written a shared add-in in C# for use in Excel. When I compile
on my development machine the COM object is registered for me and all
the .NET interop stuff is taken care of and everything works great.
However, when I build the setup project and install it on another
machinie my add-in never loads. I tried registering the dll with
regasm and regasm \codebase. I also tried including stdole.dll and
Office.dll in teh installer and nothing works. The deployment machine
also runs Excel 2002. Can anyone shed some lite on how to deploy the
add-in?

If this is a COM Addin you've written in C# (i.e. implementing the
IDTExtensibility2 interface), then it's probably a permissions/security
issue. There are examples on the msdn web site and are more appropriate
newsgroup is Public.VSNet.VSTools.Office.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk