Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command Prompt

I am using the command below to start a program inside of an excel
macro. I have not really done this before so I am not really up on all
of the options I have. Does anyone know of a web resource that covers
this info in-depth. Some general info would be useful as well.

A specific question: Is there a way to close a program that is already
running inside of a macro. The problem I am having is the program is
already open and the macro is launching another copy of the program.
Or if closing is not possible, can I run a procedure with a currently
open program?

Also what does the ,1 do in the line below?

retval = Shell("f:\axys3\Axys32.exe Script commchk", 1)

note: the Script commchk runs a script with the .exe program.

Thank you for your help!