Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find, Lookup, who knows???

I have a list if items and wish to find and item by partical name. How can
I do this using VB code?

Item345 1 6
*Item124 2 7
Item346 3 9

I wish to do a VB search for "*Item" and return the values 2 and 7.

Note that in Column A I only wish to look at left$ 5 characters on the find.

Thank you for your help in advance!!! (smile)

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use vlookup or match/index function which can be used in vba
range("c1")=application.vlookup(item,range("a2:d40 0"),2,false)

or use find and offset in vba

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Michael Kintner" wrote in message
I have a list if items and wish to find and item by partical name. How

can
I do this using VB code?

Item345 1 6
*Item124 2 7
Item346 3 9

I wish to do a VB search for "*Item" and return the values 2 and 7.

Note that in Column A I only wish to look at left$ 5 characters on the

find.

Thank you for your help in advance!!! (smile)

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But how can I do a partical search on a field, this only works it what I am
finding is the entire word.

How do I do a loop search inside of VB on an area?

Mike