Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protecting and Unprotecting multiple sheets

Ok, I found the macros, but where do I enter them? I don't know the first thing about macros so bear with me..
I've got 31 sheets, one for each day of the week, so it's a major pain trying to fix stuff as I find it..
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What macros? You didn't say but I would imagine that you would want to put
in a regular module or the ThisWorkbook module would work. To put
thereright click on the excel logo in the upper LEFT of the screenview
codecopy/paste.
Now, the question becomes, why one ws for each day. Why not one ws for all
days that can be sorted or filtered to look at any one day.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pkley" wrote in message
Ok, I found the macros, but where do I enter them? I don't know the first

thing about macros so bear with me...
I've got 31 sheets, one for each day of the week, so it's a major pain

trying to fix stuff as I find it...
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, that worked for the Protect code, but now I need to figure out how to also insert the unprotect code. It's almost the same as the protect stuff, I'm just too unfamiliar with VBA.
Public Sub UnProtectMultipleSheets()
Const Pword As String = "drowssap"
Dim WkSht As Worksheet
For Each WkSht In Worksheets
WkSht.Unprotect=Pword
Next WkSht

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume you've figured out the problem by now, but for the sake of anyone else reading...

Don't include the equal sign (=) between the Unprotect method and the password argument. Use it like this:

WkSht.Unprotect Pword

Also, you'll often want to remember the Protected state just before you Unprotect. You can use a series of Boolean variables to do that. Here's an example.

Dim blnDrawingObjects As Boolean
Dim blnContents As Boolean
Dim blnScenarios As Boolean
Dim blnAutoFilter As Boolean
Dim blnOutlining As Boolean
Dim blnPivotTable As Boolean
Dim blnUserInterface As Boolean

With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("MyWorksheetName")

'
' remember the protection state of the sheet
'
blnDrawingObjects = .ProtectDrawingObjects
blnContents = .ProtectContents
blnScenarios = .ProtectScenarios
blnAutoFilter = .EnableAutoFilter
blnOutlining = .EnableOutlining
blnPivotTable = .EnablePivotTable
blnUserInterface = .ProtectionMode

.Unprotect "MyPassword"

' do some stuff here that requires unprotected sheet