Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default color coding largest in a list

I have a list of 60 items that change slightly on a weekly basis. Currently
I highlight(color code) the five with the largest weekly increases. I do
this with the following conditional format formula.

=AND(ISNUMBER($P7),$P7=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5))

I would like to highlight(color code) another group of five with the next
largest weekly increases but have been unable to determine the appropriate
formula.

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As your second conditional format condition.
=AND(ISNUMBER($P7),$P7=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,10))

If the first is satisfied, then second won't be applied.

Tom Ogilvy

"Robert L. Salisbury" wrote in message
m...
I have a list of 60 items that change slightly on a weekly basis.

Currently
I highlight(color code) the five with the largest weekly increases. I do
this with the following conditional format formula.

=AND(ISNUMBER($P7),$P7=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5))

I would like to highlight(color code) another group of five with the next
largest weekly increases but have been unable to determine the appropriate
formula.

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Robert L. Salisbury" wrote in message
m...
I have a list of 60 items that change slightly on a weekly basis.

Currently
I highlight(color code) the five with the largest weekly increases. I do
this with the following conditional format formula.

=AND(ISNUMBER($P7),$P7=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5))

I would like to highlight(color code) another group of five with the next
largest weekly increases but have been unable to determine the appropriate
formula.

Can anyone help?

Robert

Try this

=AND(ISNUMBER($P8),AND($P8=LARGE($P$3:$P$60,10),$ P8<LARGE($P$3:$P$60,5)))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips