Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP!!! Beginner needs help with VBA coding

Hi all VBA genius:

I am a beginner of VBA and I am stuck with a certain code and hope you
genius can help.

I have a UserForm with 5 check boxes; 5 Frames, each with optYes,
optNo, and optNA; one Frame with a combo box and an Enter button; one
Frame with a text box and an Enter button. The layout of the UserForm
is as follows:

Chk09 optYes optNo optN/A
Chk10
Chk11 optYes optNo optN/A
Chk12 optYes optNo optN/A
Chk13 optYes optNo optN/A

Combo box
Enter button

Text box (for chk10)
Enter button

When the UserForm is initialized, it appears on Sheet 1 and only chk09
is visible on the UserForm, chk10 – chk13, all of the frames with
option buttons, the frame with combo box / Enter button, and the frame
with text box / Enter button are invisible.

When a user clicks chk09, the corresponding frame with optYes, optNo,
and optN/A appears. User will click one of the three options.

When the user clicks optYes:
1. a “Yes” appears on H21 in Sheet 1
2. chk10 on Userform becomes visible and it is checked
3. the frame with the text box / Enter button appears
4. user inputs the text and hits the Enter button (the one with the
text box)
5. text will appear on H23 in Sheet 1
6. chk11 on UserForm becomes visible

When the user clicks optN/A:
1. a “N/A” appears on H21 in Sheet 1
2. Another “N/A” appears on H23 in sheet 1
3. chk11 on UserForm becomes visible

When the user clicks optNo:
1. a “No” appears on H21 in Sheet 1
2. a “N/A” appears on H23 in Sheet 1
3. the frame with the combo box and Enter button appears
4. user selects one of the several statements from the combo box
5. user hits the Enter button (the one with the combo box) and transfer
the statement to a predetermine cell in Sheet 2
6. chk11 on UserForm becomes visible

The user will repeat the procedure until she answers all the
questions.

My problem is that I am able to make chk09, chk10, and chk11 visible
but not chk12 and chk13. Once I clicked the Enter button (the one with
the combo box) after clicking optNo at Frame 3, chk12 suppose to become
visible; instead the focus went back to chk09.

Here is the code I wrote for the Enter button with the combo box:

'Hide the combo box and the OK button after transferring respective
concern to "Recap"
Private Sub cmdGroundsEnter_Click()

cmdGroundsEnter.Default = True

Call chkUnhide

'Hide the frame
FrameConcernGrounds.Visible = False

'Check for completeness
If cmbConcernGrounds.Text = "" Then
MsgBox "Please select the security concern"
FrameConcernGrounds.Visible = True
Exit Sub
End If

' Find next available row
NextRow = Sheets("Recap").Range("a5000").End(xlUp).Row + 1

' Transfer the data
Sheets("Recap").Cells(NextRow, 1) = Qnum
Sheets("Recap").Cells(NextRow, 2) = Cat
Sheets("Recap").Cells(NextRow, 4) = cmbConcernGrounds.Text &
Chr(15)
Sheets("Recap").Cells(NextRow, 7) = Action

' Reset the Userform for the next row
cmbConcernGrounds = ""

End Sub

Here is the code I wrote for optNo09:

'Action to be performed when the "No" button is clicked
Private Sub opt09No_Click()

Sheets("Report").Range("H119") = "No"
Sheets("Report").Range("H124") = "N/A"

'Show combo box in UserForm
If opt09No = True Then
FrameConcernGrounds.Visible = True

'Select the corresponding question number, category &
Corrective Action
Qnum = Sheets("RiskMatrix").Range("A2")
Cat = Sheets("RiskMatrix").Range("b2")
Action = Sheets("RiskMatrix").Range("c2")
'Select and show the corresponding concern in the combo box in
UserForm
cmbConcernGrounds.RowSource = "RiskMatrix!$e$2:$e$3"

Else
FrameConcernGrounds.Visible = False

Here is the call procedure I wrote:

Public Sub chkUnhide()

Select Case CheckBox
Case chk09.Value = True
chk11.Visible = True
Case chk11.Value = True
chk12.Visible = True
Case chk12.Value = True
chk13.Visible = True
End Select

End sub

Sorry for the long posting. I hope my problem is well illustrated

Alex

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can someone help