Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sophistication with graphs

I saw in one of my webpages a graph showing a vertical and horizontaline.
the intersection of these two lines falls on the data marks of th graph.
whenever I move the mouse the the lines also move along the graph showing
the data at intersction point below the graph.

Is this possible with VBA or does it require Java.

I hope I am abl to explain properly;.
I am giving the url if it is going to be useful in explaining my quey
it is the full url both lines.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/mf/mfinf...im_ffid=TE&im_
desc=FT%20India%20Gilt%20-%20Investment%20Plan%20(G)&ff_desc=Templeton%20Ass
et%20Mgmt.%20(India)%20Pvt%20Ltd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This can be done in Excel with VBA, to be shown in Excel. To show it on
a web page, I don't know what you might need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

R.VENKATARAMAN wrote:

I saw in one of my webpages a graph showing a vertical and horizontaline.
the intersection of these two lines falls on the data marks of th graph.
whenever I move the mouse the the lines also move along the graph showing
the data at intersction point below the graph.

Is this possible with VBA or does it require Java.

I hope I am abl to explain properly;.
I am giving the url if it is going to be useful in explaining my quey
it is the full url both lines.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/mf/mfinf...im_ffid=TE&im_
desc=FT%20India%20Gilt%20-%20Investment%20Plan%20(G)&ff_desc=Templeton%20Ass
et%20Mgmt.%20(India)%20Pvt%20Ltd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

no I dont want to show it on webpage. it is required only for my personal
use. I know how to do vertical and horizontal lines on the charts. I also
know how to draw the connectors from the drawing toolbar and also to move
them individually. But I wan to move the intersection along the graph.
Please guide on what lines I should proceed. I can sweat it out.
thannks.

R.VENKATARAMAN wrote:

I saw in one of my webpages a graph showing a vertical and

horizontaline.
the intersection of these two lines falls on the data marks of th graph.
whenever I move the mouse the the lines also move along the graph

showing
the data at intersction point below the graph.

Is this possible with VBA or does it require Java.

I hope I am abl to explain properly;.
I am giving the url if it is going to be useful in explaining my quey
it is the full url both lines.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/mf/mfinf...im_ffid=TE&im_

desc=FT%20India%20Gilt%20-%20Investment%20Plan%20(G)&ff_desc=Templeton%20Ass
et%20Mgmt.%20(India)%20Pvt%20Ltd.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mr. Peltier it is nice of you. I dont know whether it would be possible for
you to inform me on email as soon as your vba is ready. Then I can browse
your webpage
and collect the code. with kind regards.