Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default timing a recorded macro

I have recorded some macros that I will like for it to
run at a given time. Example 01/02/04 at 5.00pm. Is this
possible and where in the recorded macro should I add the
line?
Thanks everyone. This is the only place I have ever got
the correct help from.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote...

wendy wrote in message
I have recorded some macros that I will like for it to
run at a given time. Example 01/02/04 at 5.00pm. Is this
possible and where in the recorded macro should I add the
line?

As an alternative to the techniques at Chip's site, it's also possible to
use simple Windows scheduling. Just add an entry in the Schedule Tasks
folder to open Excel with the workbook containing these macros in the Excel
command line. Then write an Open event handler in that workbook to call all
the macros. This would do a better job of ensuring the macros were run,
especially if Excel weren't running just before 5:00 PM.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In case you don't know what an open event handler is, you might look at Chip
Pearson's page on Events. (although labelled for xl97, it is pertinent to
xl97 and later).

David McRitchie has some information on using macros since it appears you
are just getting started.

Tutorials: (VBA tutorial links are after the excel tutorials)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

Link to Microsoft VBA101 page
http://support.microsoft.com/support...01/default.asp

Tom Ogilvy