Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harlan Grove Harlan Grove is offline

Default timing a recorded macro

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote...
See Chip Pearson's page on using application.Ontime

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

wendy wrote in message
I have recorded some macros that I will like for it to
run at a given time. Example 01/02/04 at 5.00pm. Is this
possible and where in the recorded macro should I add the
line?

As an alternative to the techniques at Chip's site, it's also possible to
use simple Windows scheduling. Just add an entry in the Schedule Tasks
folder to open Excel with the workbook containing these macros in the Excel
command line. Then write an Open event handler in that workbook to call all
the macros. This would do a better job of ensuring the macros were run,
especially if Excel weren't running just before 5:00 PM.