Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA --- Corrupted xls file

While developing VBA code I've managed to create an error that causes Excel
to crash immediately upon loading the file. It gives the usual dialog asking
to enable/disable macros, but crashes regardless of the choice.

Is there any way to salvage the file, or have I lost the work entirely?

TIA

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ed

Has the book got autorun macros? If so, try holding the shift key down when
opening the file (to disable them) and see if you can get the work back that
way....

Regards

David

"Jag Man" wrote in message
While developing VBA code I've managed to create an error that causes

Excel
to crash immediately upon loading the file. It gives the usual dialog

asking
to enable/disable macros, but crashes regardless of the choice.

Is there any way to salvage the file, or have I lost the work entirely?

TIA

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that did it! Thanks.

It puts Rem on each line of the VBA modules, but that allowed me to export
them,
remove the Rems, and import them back into an Excel workbook. Apparently,
OpenOffice uses a different language for macros.

Ed