Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is my file corrupted?

We moved from an Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 file (we work on Office 2007 and
were having compatibility issues). The file size doubled and some things
became very slow. Pasting things took 5-10 seconds per cell. Pasting rows
would cause the document to not respond and it'd have to be shut down.

Is the file corrupt? What would cause this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One thing I would recommend to do is that once you open your (old) excel
spreadsheet and click on " save as" and make sure to save it as a new office
excel(new office 2007 format). Then make changes and see if the problem still
persists.

Also, how large is the file that you are trying to modify? If it is large
you must remember that the computer needs to allocate more of its memory
resources to any kind of process coming from excel(maybe that may causing it
to crash).

If you have more info on this that will help me as that will make me find an
better solution to your problem.

Thanks,

--
Vicente Tulliano

"Kevin" wrote:

We moved from an Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 file (we work on Office 2007 and
were having compatibility issues). The file size doubled and some things
became very slow. Pasting things took 5-10 seconds per cell. Pasting rows
would cause the document to not respond and it'd have to be shut down.

Is the file corrupt? What would cause this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is definitely xlsx file and the file size isn't too bad. Even though it
doubled, it's still under 2mb.

Any other ideas?

I've begun the process to completely recreate the doc, as I can't think of
anything else to do.

"Kevin" wrote:

We moved from an Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 file (we work on Office 2007 and
were having compatibility issues). The file size doubled and some things
became very slow. Pasting things took 5-10 seconds per cell. Pasting rows
would cause the document to not respond and it'd have to be shut down.

Is the file corrupt? What would cause this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Send both
--
Don Guillett