Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Entry Validation in Excel

HI

Happy New year 2004 to all of you.

Im trying to incorporate data entry validation in excel sheet.Lik
restricting only numerics
or alphabets etc like how we do in VB form or in a web page using jav
script.

My requirement is the sheet is created dynamically and I need to acces
few cells and have
to assign data type to that cell so that user can enter valid values a
per the data type
assigned.

I searched in the Excel object model but Im unable to find assign dat
type to a cell or
range of cells.

So if any one of U know solution let me know.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers
Vija

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Data validation options are found under the menu Data=Validation.

Beyond that, no capability is provided.

Tom Ogilvy

svijay wrote in message
HI

Happy New year 2004 to all of you.

Im trying to incorporate data entry validation in excel sheet.Like
restricting only numerics
or alphabets etc like how we do in VB form or in a web page using java
script.

My requirement is the sheet is created dynamically and I need to access
few cells and have
to assign data type to that cell so that user can enter valid values as
per the data type
assigned.

I searched in the Excel object model but Im unable to find assign data
type to a cell or
range of cells.

So if any one of U know solution let me know.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers
Vijay

---