Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Window Animation

It is written for VB, not Excel and VBA.

Tom Ogilvy

Hotbird wrote in message

Copyright © 1998-2002, The KPD-Team

Have just found this sample API code, which I have cut and pasted to a
Module attached to a blank spreadsheet. When I attempt to run the

Form_Load
procedure, it returns Compile error: invalid use of Me keyword. Being new
to API programmming, I am unsure how to run the sample. Have tried
attaching a Form, but to no effect. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks

Const AW_HOR_POSITIVE = &H1 'Animates the window from left to right. This
flag can be used with roll or slide animation.
Const AW_HOR_NEGATIVE = &H2 'Animates the window from right to left. This
flag can be used with roll or slide animation.
Const AW_VER_POSITIVE = &H4 'Animates the window from top to bottom. This
flag can be used with roll or slide animation.
Const AW_VER_NEGATIVE = &H8 'Animates the window from bottom to top. This
flag can be used with roll or slide animation.
Const AW_CENTER = &H10 'Makes the window appear to collapse inward if
AW_HIDE is used or expand outward if the AW_HIDE is not used.
Const AW_HIDE = &H10000 'Hides the window. By default, the window is

shown.
Const AW_ACTIVATE = &H20000 'Activates the window.
Const AW_SLIDE = &H40000 'Uses slide animation. By default, roll animation
is used.
Const AW_BLEND = &H80000 'Uses a fade effect. This flag can be used only

if
hwnd is a top-level window.
Private Declare Function AnimateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long,
ByVal dwTime As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Boolean
Private Sub Form_Load()
'KPD-Team 1999
'E-Mail:
'Set the graphic mode to persistent
Me.AutoRedraw = True
Me.Print "Unload me"
'Animate the window
AnimateWindow Me.hwnd, 200, AW_VER_POSITIVE Or AW_HOR_NEGATIVE Or
AW_HIDE
'Unload our form completely
Set Form1 = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

o bother!!!

I thought I had stumbled across a neat way of getting text to scroll through
a window, in the style of a TV prompt system

Thanks for correcting my mistake so quickly

It is written for VB, not Excel and VBA.

Tom Ogilvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Hotbird" wrote in message ...
o bother!!!

I thought I had stumbled across a neat way of getting text to scroll through
a window, in the style of a TV prompt system

Hotbird, I have a scrolling msgbox: I did not write it
but I will send it to you if you want to see it...

seeya ste
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes please

and if you can accept attachments, I will show you my current line-by-line
scrolling objective

"ste mac" wrote in message
om...
"Hotbird" wrote in message

o bother!!!

I thought I had stumbled across a neat way of getting text to scroll

through
a window, in the style of a TV prompt system

Hotbird, I have a scrolling msgbox: I did not write it
but I will send it to you if you want to see it...

seeya ste

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes please

and if you can accept attachments, I will show you my current line-by-line
scrolling objective

"ste mac" wrote in message
om...
"Hotbird" wrote in message

o bother!!!

I thought I had stumbled across a neat way of getting text to scroll

through
a window, in the style of a TV prompt system

Hotbird, I have a scrolling msgbox: I did not write it
but I will send it to you if you want to see it...

seeya ste

seeya ste

The window opens in a smaller window not full sized window. Rachael Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 November 7th 06 09:04 PM
Animation Weave New Users to Excel 1 December 7th 05 02:21 PM
animation and message Adam Klee Excel Programming 0 August 14th 03 12:43 PM
Animation Adam Klee Excel Programming 3 August 12th 03 01:15 PM
animation Adam Klee Excel Programming 0 August 12th 03 08:04 AM