Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Search, find, copy muliple cells from new sheet and paste

Hi,

I am trying (and failing) to implement the following in Excel so I would appreciate any help you can offer:

I have a Workbook with two sheets: Order Form and Part Numbers.
In the Order Form sheet I have 3 columns: Product code, Description, Price
In the Part numbers sheet I have a list of product codes, descriptions and prices.

What I am looking for is a way of automatically inserting the relevant descriptions and prices in the order form sheet when only the part number is entered into the order form sheet (using the data from the part numbers sheet).

Can anyone offer a way of getting this done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming A1 is the header row in the Order Form worksheet
with the following columns in A1-C1 respectively: Product
Code, Description, Price.

Assuming A1-C6 in Part Numbers is the product code,
description and price, this is a simple way of doing it:

Example: A2 is the row to enter the order number.

B2 would have this formula:

=IF(ISBLANK(A2), " ", VLOOKUP(A2,'Part Numbers'!$A$1:$C$6,
2, TRUE))

C2 would have this one:

=IF(ISBLANK(A2), " ", VLOOKUP(A2,'Part Numbers'!$A$1:$C$6,
3, TRUE))

-Brad

I am trying (and failing) to implement the following in

Excel so I would appreciate any help you can offer:

I have a Workbook with two sheets: Order Form and Part

Numbers.
In the Order Form sheet I have 3 columns: Product code,

Description, Price
In the Part numbers sheet I have a list of product codes,

descriptions and prices.

What I am looking for is a way of automatically inserting

the relevant descriptions and prices in the order form
sheet when only the part number is entered into the order
form sheet (using the data from the part numbers sheet).

Can anyone offer a way of getting this done?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you very much Brad that works fine.

Just one thing, is there any way of making C2 have a null value until a part number is entered?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could use Brad's formula to make it look like the cell was empty
(I'd use "" instead of " " though.)

But if you have a formula, then the cell can't be empty.

But if you're doing something with that cell later, you could always look to see
how it evaluated:
=if(c2="",returnonething,returnanother)

or if you use Brad's:
=if(trim(c2)="","",returnonething,returnanother)

--

Dave Peterson