Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COM COM is offline

Default Determining Last User Action

I tried to post something like this about 30 mins ago, but I do not see my original post

I would like to be able to catch if the user inserted a new row... or deleted an entire row

I have a group of data, by rows. when certain cells of the data are changed, I run an update calculation. I can determine which cell was changed, but in the event of a complete row adding or removing, I have not yet been able to determine the action that caused change in the data

I was trying to figure out if there is a way to get the action that was last performed/changed.

I am using or plan to use the worksheetChange or worksheet Selection Change events.. Not sure which if not both together to accomplish the task desired.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COM COM is offline

Something I have thought about, would be to "look" through the changes made to a worksheet, and try to catch the last "change" and determine what it was. Does that seem feasible/possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COM COM is offline

I've also determined, that the use of the Insert function does not call the Workbook event for Worksheet Change or Selection Change, at least after the insertion has been made.