Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Bloodhound.ExcelMacro

Hey guys,

I am using the following code:
The code simply exports the VBA code and module name of a
specified module to a text file called code.txt and then
saves it in the directory of the source workbook. It then
imports that code and module name into another specified
workbook.

Dim FName As String
With Workbooks("VBA Code Examples.xls")
FName = .Path & "\code.txt"
.VBProject.VBComponents("Module2").Export FName
End With
Workbooks("book2").VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName

Nortan Anti virus is detecting this as the
Bloodhound.ExcelMacro virus and will not allow me to save
the file. How do I work around this?

Thanx

Todd Huttenstine
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bloodhound is not a virus that it detects, it's the Norton detection engine
that detects virus like activity. In your Norton settings turn down the
blood hound sensitivity.

Jesse

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
Hey guys,

I am using the following code:
The code simply exports the VBA code and module name of a
specified module to a text file called code.txt and then
saves it in the directory of the source workbook. It then
imports that code and module name into another specified
workbook.

Dim FName As String
With Workbooks("VBA Code Examples.xls")
FName = .Path & "\code.txt"
.VBProject.VBComponents("Module2").Export FName
End With
Workbooks("book2").VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName

Nortan Anti virus is detecting this as the
Bloodhound.ExcelMacro virus and will not allow me to save
the file. How do I work around this?

Thanx

Todd Huttenstine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well I cant because its the one installed on my company
computer. Is there a code I can write to trick Norton to
think its not a virus, like maybe at run time create a
code that modifys the code in such a way, it is not
detected and then reverts back to the way it needs to be?

wrote in message
Hey guys,

I am using the following code:
The code simply exports the VBA code and module name of

specified module to a text file called code.txt and then
saves it in the directory of the source workbook. It

then
imports that code and module name into another specified
workbook.

Dim FName As String
With Workbooks("VBA Code Examples.xls")
FName = .Path & "\code.txt"
.VBProject.VBComponents("Module2").Export FName
End With
Workbooks("book2").VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName

Nortan Anti virus is detecting this as the
Bloodhound.ExcelMacro virus and will not allow me to

save
the file. How do I work around this?

Thanx

Todd Huttenstine

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd,

I suspect there is not a way around this.
If there were, it might be bad ethics to post workarounds publicly without
first notifying the vendor.

Just did a quick search on Symantec's website for Document ID:199862694839
It also says the only way around it is to reduce Bloodhound sensitivity.

Perhaps a feature request for future versions could trust the code if it's
from a trusted source (ie Digitally Signed)

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this workaround:

Sub CopyMod()
Dim Fname As String
With With Workbooks("VBA Code Examples.xls")
Fname = .Path & "\code.txt"
.VBProject.VBComponents("Module2").Export Fname
End With
Application.Run "imprt", Fname
End Sub

Function imprt(ByVal strfile As String)
Workbooks("book2.xls").VBProject.VBComponents.Impo rt strfile
End Function