Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compile VBA code

Is it possible to protect the VBA code underneath an
application built in Excel? I have written lost of code
and built many forms for users to interact with my
spreadsheet but I do not want them to be able to view or
change any of the VBA code. How can this be accomplished?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eric,

written "lost" of code ???

I've written "lost" of code myself.
It works well, but I am "lost" as to what it does or how I even created
it in the first place.

From the VBA Editor...
Tools/VBA Project Properties
Protection Tab
Select "Lock Project for Viewing"
Enter Passwords.

Please note that this will only protect your code from the casual user.
Anyone with any experience in Excel (or anyone that can ask how to
unprotect your project in the ng's) will probably be able to find out how.

John

compile Duplatt New Users to Excel 5 March 26th 09 01:51 AM
Won't Compile GeorgeJ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 30th 07 09:22 PM
Compile VBA code? (Passwording too weak a protection scheme?) [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 20th 06 04:57 PM
Compile Error in Code Phil Hageman[_3_] Excel Programming 9 October 29th 03 08:52 PM