-   -   Compile VBA code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/286324-compile-vba-code.html)

Eric[_14_]

Compile VBA code

Is it possible to protect the VBA code underneath an
application built in Excel? I have written lost of code
and built many forms for users to interact with my
spreadsheet but I do not want them to be able to view or
change any of the VBA code. How can this be accomplished?

John Wilson

Compile VBA code

Eric,

written "lost" of code ???

I've written "lost" of code myself.
It works well, but I am "lost" as to what it does or how I even created
it in the first place.

From the VBA Editor...
Tools/VBA Project Properties
Protection Tab
Select "Lock Project for Viewing"
Enter Passwords.

Please note that this will only protect your code from the casual user.
Anyone with any experience in Excel (or anyone that can ask how to
unprotect your project in the ng's) will probably be able to find out how.

John