Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default unknown combobox name

I have a spreadsheet that allows the user to input data
into a cell in col. A. When this happens, two comboboxes
in col. F&G are automatically copied and pasted down one
cell. B/c they are copied and pasted the names are set
automatically.

What I want to do is run code off the pasted comboboxes,
without having to write a paragraph for each possible
name. Looking for a way to run code if a combobox with an
odd number at the end changes, identify the number of the
combobox, and then change something on the combobox with
the number at the end of its name that is incremented +1
from the one that triggered the event.

Also, I am looking for a way to check to make sure there
is not already a combo box in the next row before the
program pastes a new one there.

Any suggestions would be so very appreciated, I am at a
loss on this one.

Thanks,

Crystal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in order to keep from repeating youreself (a worth objective) you shoul
instead create a Sub procedure in a Module that accepts the name of th
combobox as an argument. For example:

Public Sub CmbStuff(name As String)

Blah blah blah...

End Sub