Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unknown Error - HELP

I am using VS.NET Tools for Office (using Excel 2003
release version) and I am comming across an error that
seems to be occuring at random (maybe once every 3 to 6
runs)at run-time in my application. It does not always
appear at the same point in my application either. It
says (something like this):

"Error has occured in UNKNOWN module"
"Object reference not set"

But then, when I click the "Break" button to debug my
code, I get another error that says:

"No source code at location"

Considering I have Try...Catch statements EVERYWHERE I
don't know where this is comming from. It's a releatively
small and simple application.

Is this something I am causing or is this a bug?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Troy,

Thank you for posting in MSDN managed newsgroup!

From my experience, I'd suggest you may check all the types you have used in the project. To ensure whether each related assembly or dll has been
referemced into your project. Furthermore, you can also check the "using" part in each source file if you use C# or "Imports" part if you use VB.net to
see whether there is some assemlby for some namespace not referenced into the project.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services